The newest outdoor beach craze is back in Richmond - Stand Up Paddleboard or SUP for short.
Anyone that is up for the SUP Enduro challenge will have 2 categories to choose from, an expert/intermediate division or a recreational division. The expert/intermediate category will have to paddle a total distance of 6km (3.6 miles) and the rec. group will paddle a total distance of 3km (1.8 miles) on the Haxall Canal. Either one you choose, it should be SUPer great time!
Cost & Registration
Through March 31: $20
April 1 – April 30: $22
May 1 – May 16: $25
May 17 – May 18: $30
On Site Registration, May 18 – May 20: $30
Includes: a cool event t-shirt, post-race beer or soda, and a free concert.
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-deferrable.
Recreational: 3km (1.8 miles) @ 11:00 a.m.
Expert/Intermediate: 6km (3.6 miles) @ 12:15 p.m.
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate.
- Required Gear:
- Stand Up Paddle board (there will be no rentlals on-site)
- Life Jacket
- Paddlers must wear event bibs outside their life jackets at all times during the competition.
- Paddlers will have to stay to the right of the buoys along the course. The turnaround location in the canal is located near 12th Street. Monitors will ensure that no one cuts the course.
- No kneeling and paddling allowed.
- Participant must be standing on board when crossing the finishline.
- Finish judged by body, NOT board, passing the final buoy.
- Consumption of alcohol before the event is PROHIBITED
Paddlers will have a mass start in the Haxall Canal just below the vehicle access bridge on the west end of Brown’s Island. The canal is wide at the start but narrows down on the eastern end. Paddlers must complete four loops of the course for the expert/intermediate division and two loops for the recreational division.
Spectators will have easy access to the whole course along a path next to the canal.
Prize money will be awarded to the top three men and women in the expert/intermediate division *
*Minimum of 10 competitors in each class in order to qualify for the cash.
In the recreational division, medals will be handed out the top three men and women.
2017 SUP Enduro
Click here for complete 2017 results
2016 SUP Enduro
Click here for complete 2016 results
|1||Spencer Lacy||April Zilg|
|2||Michael Tavares||Haley Mills|
|3||Corey Curtis||Bronwyn Comer|
|1||Mark Tavares||Michaela Carpenter|
|2||Andrew Barron||Thi Campbell|
|3||Hi Willett||Sara Rogan|
|1||Michael Tavares||April Zilg|
|2||Corey Curtis||Haley Mills|
|3||Neil Macindoe||Bronwyn Comer|
|1||Brock Spencer||Jamie Silver|
|2||Mark Tavares||Tammy Spring|
|3||Doug Bowmer||Jessica Lofgren|