Sunday Funday Ride
Sunday cruisin’ has come to Dominion Energy Riverrock! With a 10-mile course, this casual ride is something the whole family can do together while you explore RVA.
Cost & Registration
Through March 31: $20
April 1 – April 30: $25
May 1 – May 15: $30
May 16 – May 19: $35
On Site: $35
Includes: a cool event t-shirt and post-race beer or soda.
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-deferrable.
Packet Pick Up & Walk Up Registration
Mountain Bike Bundle
Save $5! Back again, we are offering a weekend of mountain bike events and you can save $5 off your total registration if you choose to do all 3! Make sure to choose “The Mountain Bike Bundle” on the registration page. The Mountain Bike Bundle events include:
Starting at in the Belle Isle parking, ride west along Tredegar street to the pedestrian suspension bridge that accesses Belle Isle. Continuing along the dirt road, the course goes west and circumnavigates Belle Isle in a counterclockwise direction (first on the north side that faces Hollywood Cemetery). As you near the right turn that heads south across the access bridge. Crossing to the south side of the river, you will continue west along the gravel road with the railroad tracks to your left and the river to your right. Follow the road until it runs out. Heading back east on the gravel road, turn right into the Reedy Creek trail head parking area. An aid station will be available here to fill keep your fluids topped up. Cross Riverside Drive into Forest Hill Park. Please note Riverside Drive is NOT closed to traffic so USE CAUTION. The route goes around the lake clockwise. After crossing the Harvey foot bridge, turn left to tackle the only climb on this route, up the paved road toward Forest Hill Avenue. (There will also be a shorter, flatter bailout that bypasses this climb to the right.) Follow the paved road through the park. Use caution as you descend the road back toward the lake. Exiting the park, cross back over Riverside Drive and this time, go right on the gravel access road. After crossing back onto Belle Isle, you will have the choice to take the rooty, somewhat technical “lost trail” that travels the eastern side of the island or a less-technical option that will be child friendly. Travel back across the suspension bridge and finish back in the Belle Isle parking lot.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old to participate and comfortable riding on trails.
- Mountain bikes ONLY
- All riders MUST wear a helmet
- Please be aware that the trails used for this event are shared multi-use trails and will be open to the public during the ride. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the IMBA Rules of the Trail.
- Any weather related decisions will be made as soon as possible. We want the event to happen but will always put the safety of our participants first along with our responsibility to prevent deterioration of our awesome trail system.
- Consumption of alcohol before the event is PROHIBITED