Mountain Bike Time Trial
Kick off the weekend with a Friday evening ride on the James River Park System trails!
This MTB time trial event will have each participant going off in 1 minute intervals. It is you versus the clock, are you ready?
Cost & Registration
Through March 31: $30
April 1 – April 30: $35
May 1 – May 15: $40
May 16 – May 17: $45
On Site: $45
Includes: a cool event t-shirt, post-race beer or soda, and a free concert.
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable, and may not be deferred.
Packet Pick Up & Walk Up Registration
Mountain Bike Bundle
Save $5! NEW this year, we are offering a weekend of MTB events and you can save $5 off your total registration if you choose to do all 3! Make sure to choose “The Mountain Bike Bundle” on the registration page. The Mountain Bike Bundle events include:
Participants will select one of the following categories during the registration process: Expert, Singlespeed, Sport, or Beginner. These categories will go off in the order you see below. Your seeding within each category will be based upon when you register; the earlier you register, the sooner your start time. Please remember Slower Riders Must Yield the Trail.
- Expert Men
- Singlespeed Men
- Sport Men
- Beginner Men
- Expert Women
- Singlespeed Women
- Sport Women
- Beginner Women
- Participants must be at least 12 years old to participate.
- Mountain bikes ONLY
- All riders must wear a helmet
- Please be aware that the trails used for this event are shared multi-use trails and will be open to the public during the event Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the IMBA Rules of the Trail.
- Slower riders should give the trail to those that would like to pass.
- Any weather related decisions will be made as soon as possible. We want the event to happen but will always put the safety of our participants first along with our responsibility to prevent deterioration of our awesome trail system.
- Consumption of alcohol before the event is PROHIBITED
PLEASE NOTE: The Mountain Bike Time Trial course will be marked in the customary BLUE arrows.
The course will start in the Belle Isle parking finish just before the Belle Isle parking lot at the end of the North Bank Trail. In one minute intervals participants will be sent off up the gravel road and take a hard right up to the Lee Bridge. Cross the bridge, veer right, and follow the course parallel to Riverside Drive and onto the Buttermilk Trail. Continue west on Buttermilk to Reedy Creek. When approaching Reedy Creek, cross the creek and head west onto Buttermilk Heights (you will not go into Forest Hill Park). Continue west on Buttermilk and descend carefully down the rocks below the Boulevard Bridge. Cross the Boulevard Bridge and turn left to access the North Bank Trail. Follow North Bank up the wooden ramp and the Stairway to Heaven climb. Head east on Kansas and take a right on Texas Avenue. Follow the North Bank Trail back to the finish, which will be just adjacent to the Belle Isle parking lot.