Sierra Nevada Down River Paddle
Participants will start at Reedy Creek and race downriver through First Break, Hollywood, Fish Ladder (VEPCO Levy), Pipeline, and on to the finish at the 14th Street takeout.
And be prepared to test your skills and showoff to the crowds as you will have to complete a mandatory ferry just below the Potterfield Bridge at designated buoys. Racers will be sent off in a mass start based on gender and boat type and the fastest time will win! Pick your boat, kayak, canoe, or SUP.
Cost & Registration
Through March 31: $20
April 1 – April 30: $22
May 1 – May 15: $25
May 16 – May 18: $30
On Site: $30
Includes: a cool event t-shirt, post-race beer or soda, and a free concert.
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-deferrable.
Packet Pick Up & Walk Up Registration
- 6:30 – 7 pm: Athlete check-in and instructions at Reedy Creek
- 7 pm: Event begins
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate.
- All competitors must wear life vests and helmets. When things get rowdy, you’ll be glad you did!
- If the river level is above 9 feet, high-water permits are required to participate.
- Consumption of alcohol before the event is PROHIBITED